AgentHLO's Praetor App

7 replies
Votes:
*Name: Kameron

*How Long have you been an active member of Wizry: 2 1/2 years

*Why do you believe you are the most benefiting of the rank and position: I have good leadership skills and I have battle experience as a Roman Child.

*What personal experience do you have in a leadership role?: I have been taught by LS_CKnight the leader of the greatest faction and she has inflicted many leadership abilities onto myself.

*How skilled would you deem yourself as a role-player: 6/10

*How active are you on the server: 1-6 hours a day.

*Do you know what it means to lead, and what responsibilities you will assume should you be granted this position?: Yes, I will take the responsibilities of someone who is ready to lead and shall take no hesitation to help one in need.

*Are you aware as a holder of this position, all other rp chars that you may have come second in priority to this one, and in the event of war, do you agree to put this char over others that may be on the opposite side of conflict:
Yes I will, if necessary I shall take the right side that would lead better to conflict resolution.

*From an out-of-character standpoint, are you familiar with the Centurions that you may potentially be supervising?: Yes I am fully aware.

*Keep in mind that your app will not be the only factor that will either get you denied or accepted: I shall keep that in mind. VVV
RP

*Characters name: Skylar_Lee

*Characters age: 142 (Due to being an elysian)

*Characters Gender: Male

*Does your character have any past experience as an authority: He was a general in the Civil war.

*Graecus or Romani blood: Romani

*What camp does your character owe allegiance to, ignoring pantheon their divine parent belongs to:
Camp Jupiter, Skylar was taught there and shall always be dormant in heart.

*Brief summary of characters background: He was a U.S soldier in both the Civil war, and WWII. He would always use the mist to help out his side. He raised a family of 3. After his loss Skylar went to Camp Jupiter and lied dormant there for the rest of his days, other than the few times he would visit camp half blood.

*Is your character an able politician, as well as a military leader:
Yes my character is a democrat that will fight for his countries wars.

*Is your character familiar with the Centurions that he may potentially lead?
Yes I am fully aware
VVV
~Other Questions~
*Do you view yourself as a leader, or someone with qualities inherent of a leader?
Yes, I do

*Given the choice, would you rather work alone, or in collaboration with others?
I shall always choose to collaborate with others.

*As Praetor, would you develop a strong bond with your subordinates, and give them some level of independence to make their own decisions, or would you sacrifice your relationship for the sake of efficiency?
I shall let people have there own words, someone else idea may be better than my own.

*On a scale of 1 to 10, how well do you think:

*Give a brief summary of the Roman hierarchy and chain present within Camp Jupiter:
There would be the cabin leaders, SPQR, and the campers.

*What is the role of Centurion?
To lead a roman army.

*What leadership position do you currently hold on the server if any?
I only hold Major in my faction.

*Are you a enthusiast of Roman history, or history in general?
Yes, I have always been fascinated by Roman myths and history.

*In your eyes, what is the defining trait of the Roman Legion
A defining trait would be Bravery

*Provide definitions of the following words:
>>Triplex Acies: It is the theoretical and historical deployment tactic.
>>Repel Cavalry:They would form a wall of shields during this tactic.
>>Testudo:A shield wall formation used by the Roman Legions during battles, particularly sieges
>>Skirmishing Formation: Gapped line of men supposedly doubling the amount of men.
>>Wedge Formation: It is a /\ shaped formation allowing men to push in.
>>Siege: Army focuses to surround a building
>>Gaius Julius Caesar: Critical politician that lead to fall of Rome.
>>Populares: Group of people favored by the poor
>>Optimate: Dominant group in senate.
>>Populares Or Optimate: Optimate
>>Did I use internet or outside help to answer these questions in this application?
No I have not I have learned all of this in History.
VVV
~Scenarios~
*Scenario I: Pitched Battle
Months earlier the Senate of New Rome issued a formal declaration of war against the Greek demigods of Camp Half-Blood. Hearing reports from your scouts that the Greeks are mobilizing their forces and are currently travelling across the continental United States, you decide, along with your Co-Praetor, to meet them halfway.

Both sides are deployed on a plain, with a series of gently rolling hills to your left, and a river, with light forest beyond it to your right. The Greeks deploy in a long line that spans the width of most of the plain. They are arranged in Phalanx formation, the front rank levelling their spears in front of them, and having their shields, the hoplon, overlap each other to provide protection. The ranks directly behind them are designed to push the front rank forwards into the enemy, the Phalanx’s literal goal to push the enemy off of the field with the forest of spears. The Hoplites wear Linothorax on their upper bodies, with metal greaves protecting their legs. On their flanks, the Greeks have deployed units of swordsmen as the Greeks do not have enough men to stretch their Phalanx across the entirety of the field, lest they sacrifice depth. This prevents the Romans from outflanking them, at least, without a fight. In total, Greek forces number little over 150 men.

On the opposite side of the field are your forces. You have been accompanied by 4 of the 5 Cohorts. Each Cohort numbers 40 men, giving you a total force of 160 Legionaries. Each Legionary is armed with 2 pilum, the ‘heavy’ pilum, with a lead weight at the end for extra piercing power. and a ‘light’ pilum that lacks the lead weight. Although the pilum can be thrown from roughly 100 feet away, the effective range of the weapon has consistently been shown to be half that, 50 feet. In close quarters combat your Legionaries are dressed in Lorica Segmentata, a Galea, and metal greaves, and are armed with the Gladius, a short sword measuring anywhere from 24 to 33 inches in length. When used in conjunction with the Scutum, the Roman shield, it is a deadly combination. You attack first.
*My response to this would be to forward with shields in the left and their swords in the right. While pushing forward in Wedge Formation I could trick them out with the seem of a small army and take them by surprise as they hit the end.

*Scenario II: Political Intrigue
You are reclining in your private residency in New Rome, when you are approached by one of your subordinates. He tells you of rumors that the Centurion of the First Cohort, your chief political opponent, is formulating a coup to overthrow you from the position of Praetor and take it for himself. At the same time, another one of your lessers approaches you and tells you reports of the mustering of a small force in the Fields of Mars, Legionaries from the First Cohort, citizens who are presumably supporters of the would-be usurper, rogue demigods, and even a few Greeks among their number. The first man tells you that, should you not stop them beforehand, the Centurion of the First Cohort will make his move in a week, marching his private army into the city and ousting you. A meeting of the Senate has been scheduled tomorrow. What will you do?
*My response would be to talk it out with him while Sieging my army around the building in secrecy. If anything were to go wrong I could give my army the signal to fire on all of his men.
giphy.gif
Posted Nov 26, 17 · OP
Dislike
Undo
Votes:
+2,619
Peter Juxon
LEVEL 11
Denied. The app was nowhere near the expected level of criteria. Try again in two weeks, with serious revision.
15.jpg
Posted Nov 26, 17
Undo
Votes:
+66
Senior Camper
LEVEL 3
Isn’t skylar a son of Poseidon? Who is a Greek god?
4.jpg
Posted Nov 26, 17
Votes:
Lol no, a minerva kid couldnt be athena cabin leader if they are roman. And a greek kid cant be a praetor if they are a greek.
19.jpg
Posted Nov 26, 17
Dislike
Undo
Votes:
+311
Skilled Demigod
LEVEL 5
wrote:
Lol no, a minerva kid couldnt be athena cabin leader if they are roman. And a greek kid cant be a praetor if they are a greek.
Minerva kids don't exist.. . ... .. and if you see it says "Graecus or Romani by blood" in the applicant's form, if you could only be a Roman then this question wouldn't be needed.
Posted Nov 26, 17
Votes:
it was and example :-|
19.jpg
Posted Nov 26, 17
Votes:
+66
Senior Camper
LEVEL 3
Also, Skylar was apparently a general in a war that ended 10 years before he was born... quik mafs
4.jpg
Posted Nov 26, 17
Votes:
+66
Senior Camper
LEVEL 3
if he's 142 years old, that means he was born in 1875. the American Civil War ended in 1865. Elysian or not, he could not have been a general in the civil war without being at least 20 years older
4.jpg
Posted Nov 26, 17
Undo
NoticeNotices